Pico ADC212/100 get slower with the new driver

Post any questions about our parallel port products
aqiao
User
User

Pico ADC212/100 get slower with the new driver

Post by aqiao »

I bought a pico adc212/100 oscilloscope last year and wrote my own data acquisition program with the adc20032.dll driver(R5.08.6). In my program, the adc212/100 kept sampling a waveform of 500 points through both channels at the full speed(50MS/s per channel). It ran well and fast, and I could get about 30 waveforms per second (means it took about 30ms to transfer the data of 500 points to the PC by parallel port).
Several days before, I bought another pico adc212/100 and added it to the same computer. Because my computer has only one parallel port, I bought a PCI-Parallel I/O card to get the LPT2. I tryed to get data from the two pico adc212/100, but I failed. So I changed the adc20032.dll driver to the new one(R.18 ). I managed to get data from the two pico adc212 at the same time(in one program), but it runs very slow. I sampled the same waveform by the two pico adc212, and I got only 2 waveforms per second (means, it took about 0.5second to transfor the 500points waveform). I shut one of the adc212, only one left running, but it's still very slow.
Can you help me to tell why the same pico oscilloscope runs so slowly with the new driver?

Another problem, I wrote two program, one communicated with a pico adc212/100 connected at LPT1, another communiated with a pico adc212/100 connected at LPT2. Why did only one work?:(

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you have been seeing problems.

If you use Picolog with 2 units and the new drivers does this still work slowly? See if you see the same kind of thing with Picolog.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards

aqiao
User
User

Post by aqiao »

hi,
I tryed to use the picolog instead of my own program. It's faster but still much slower than the old one.
In my project, I have to get data using my own program. By the way, my program is written in C language, following the demo program provided by the CD together with the pico adc212/100.
Did you change the code of the old and new driver very much? And could you please do some experiment to test the speed of the drivers?
Speed is a very important issue for my system. It will be very kind of you to answer soon.
Thank you very much.

Zheqiao GENG from IHEP,Beijing, China