battery power for ADC212/100?

Post any questions about our parallel port products
Steve Conner
User
User

battery power for ADC212/100?

Post by Steve Conner »

Hi

We recently got an ADC212/100 at work and I liked it so much I got one myself.

Anyway I want to battery power it for use with a laptop so I can do floating HV measurements. (my plan is to have the ADC212 and laptop floating, both battery powered, and control it remotely through a wireless network card so I don't have to touch it)

Is it as easy as just connecting a 12 volt rechargeable battery to the ADC-212 power socket (with a suitable plug and fuse etc) or does the voltage need regulated to a tight tolerance? Will it run off 10.6v? I have some spare 10.6v laptop batteries I could use in that case.

I measured the AC adaptor that came with it and it read 19v with no load! So I guess that answers my question- but I'd like to check anyway.

Great product!

Steve
scopeboy.com - putting the mental in experimental

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The ADC-212 unit requires 12V and 500mA. The voltage does not have to be regulated (although it should not be too high) this is done in the unit. I would recommend having a minimum of 12V. You should also ensure that the current is correct.

You can either build your own battery power or you can buy one of our battery packs.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Steve Conner
User
User

Post by Steve Conner »

Hi Sarah

Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to know! I think I'll make my own battery pack with a 12v gel cell or suchlike.

Steve
scopeboy.com - putting the mental in experimental