USB-ADC-11 / Windows 2000 Problems

Having problems ? let us know the details here
RobStacey
User
User

USB-ADC-11 / Windows 2000 Problems

Post by RobStacey »

I've got a USB-ADC-11, and Windows 2000. When I plug the device in, I get a found new device, and in device manager I get a device called 'Pico USB ADC11'. However, I don't seem to get any PICO USB-PP ports, and trying to access the device on ports 1-4 hasn't been succesful (Device not found). I've tried the latest drivers, and installed the newest picoscope, which also gives an error on startup saying unable to open device.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you have been seeing this problem.

Check in the Picoscope software that you have the converter set to the USB version of the ADC-11. This is shown as "ADC-11 (USB)" in the selection box. It should then give you USB PP ports and you will usually need USB PP1.

Let me know how you get on. If for some reason these are not available then please send us a screen shot of this to tech@picotech.com

Best Regards

RobStacey
User
User

Post by RobStacey »

thats fixed my picoscope problem - one more question, what device number / port should I be using in visual basic to access this - currently I'm trying with port 101 and device 11 , with the adc11_open_unit functions.

The installer I've got only seems to show ADC11(PARALLEL PORT)

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes, I believe you need to be using port 101.

With regards the installer, I have already put in a request that this is changed. The installer lets you install both parallel and USB ADC-11s by having just one option, but this is confusing and hopefully will be changed soon.

Best Regards

RobStacey
User
User

Post by RobStacey »

Can't get it to work - using the example c program supplied it gives a device not found.

Code: Select all

adc11/22 driver example program
Version 1.0

Select the parallel port
Use 1 for LPT1,
    2 for LPT2, etc
    101 for USB port 1, etc
Port: 101
Select type of product
Use 11 for ADC-11
    22 for ADC-22
Product: ADC-11

Opening the device...
Unable to open device
ADC11/22 USB Driver V4.2

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

You need to ensure that you are using 111 as the product number, this is the number required for the USB ADC-11. You can also call adc11_get_unit_info to find out what error was caused. This is all explained in the help manual.

I would also recommend checking that the same adc1132.dll is being used by both your application and Picoscope.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

RobStacey
User
User

Post by RobStacey »

Thanks - was the product number I was wrong on, as I was using 11. Can't find where this is said in the manual, and all the comments in the code only refers to 11 / 22..

One last thing - whenever the ADC11 is open, it uses 100% of one of the CPU's. (whether in PicoScope or the test visual basic / c++ programs). Is this normal, as it seems a bit strange.