using ps5000aRunBlock

Post your C and C++ discussions here
abhishekv

using ps5000aRunBlock

Post by abhishekv »

Hi,
I am using Picoscope5243A, in which i require runblock function to be implemented in Block mode, but somehow i am getting PICO_SEGMENT_OUT_OF_RANGE error(error no 0x26).

RunBlock(handle, 0, samplecount, timebase, out timeIndisposed,0, null, IntPtr.Zero);

Please suggest any suggestion .

Thanks
Sumit

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: using ps5000aRunBlock

Post by Martyn »

Your colleague should have received some example code through our Helpdesk
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ukall

Post by ukall »

Hi,
I am using PicoSope 5443A and trying to perform measurements using Qt5.3 with msc2010 compiler and win7.
In my program I successfully opened the scope and made the LED flash.
I continued to add a simple trigger and that is ok, too.
When adding

Code: Select all

// initiate measurement
    int timeIndisposedMs;
    status |= ps5000aRunBlock(handle,
                              50,                   // 50 samples pretrigger
                              SAMPLENUM-50,         // and 450 samples after trigger
                              4,                    // maximum speed allowed for 4 channels = 16ns
                              &timeIndisposedMs,    // get back delay until hot.
                              0,                    // use first (and only) memeory block
                              NULL,                 // we use polling for Data acquisition -> no callback
                              NULL);                // and -> no Data buffer pointer

the system still compiles, but the linker says:

missing external symbol "__imp__ps5000aRunBlock@32"

Please pinpoint me to the problem, if possible,

thx, Uwe

p.s. Maybe it is important that the Executable is a win32 app though the system is a Win64 thus still there should not be a difference between header-file, lib and dll..??
p.p.s. I installed all picoscope software from scratch this monday.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Uwe,

We are aware that version 10.5.1.1 of the PS5000a SDK contains incorrect lib files which is likely to be causing the issue.

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com indicating if you require a 32-bit or 64-bit version and we can send this out to you.

This should be fixed in the next SDK release.

Regards,

ukall

Post by ukall »

Update:
by temporarily removing the associated .lib and .h files I ensured that the library file used by the linker and the API header file is the file I copied from the downloaded archive.

ps5000a.lib file from Feb.12.2013 (10:52)
ps5000aApi.h from Sept.11 :shock: 2014 (14:31)

is it possible that these do not match?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Uwe,

You are correct, the dates do not match in SDK version 10.5.1.1.

It's possible that there were changes made to the header file but the lib file was not updated - we will make sure that the next SDK release has the updated lib file.

I have sent the file plus the ps5000a.dll from the PicoScope 6.10.6 installation directory via your support e-mail ticket.

Regards,

daniel.ketel

Post by daniel.ketel »

Hello,

I am stuck with the same Problem. Is it possible that you send me the correct .lib file, too?

Best regards,
Daniel

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Daniel,

This has been sent via your e-mail support ticket.

Regards,

jaray

Post by jaray »

Hi,

I believe I am running into similar problems using the supplied SDK 10.5.2.1 with Visual Studios C++ 2013. The current .lib provided is still dated 2/12/13 while the header is 9/11/2014 and dll is 12/11/2014. Specifically what I am running into is

Code: Select all

Error	2	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ps5000aGetTimebase@24 referenced in function "void __cdecl blockDataHandler(struct UNIT *,char *,long)" (?blockDataHandler@@YAXPAUUNIT@@PADJ@Z)	C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Development\Visual Studios 2013\C++\PicoScopeC++\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest.obj	PicoScopeTest

Error	3	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ps5000aSetSigGenBuiltInV2@76 referenced in function "void __cdecl setSignalGenerator(struct UNIT *)" (?setSignalGenerator@@YAXPAUUNIT@@@Z)	C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Development\Visual Studios 2013\C++\PicoScopeC++\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest.obj	PicoScopeTest

Error	4	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ps5000aSigGenFrequencyToPhase@24 referenced in function "void __cdecl setSignalGenerator(struct UNIT *)" (?setSignalGenerator@@YAXPAUUNIT@@@Z)	C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Development\Visual Studios 2013\C++\PicoScopeC++\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest.obj	PicoScopeTest

Error	5	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ps5000aRunBlock@32 referenced in function "void __cdecl blockDataHandler(struct UNIT *,char *,long)" (?blockDataHandler@@YAXPAUUNIT@@PADJ@Z)	C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Development\Visual Studios 2013\C++\PicoScopeC++\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest\PicoScopeTest.obj	PicoScopeTest

Error	6	error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals	C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Development\Visual Studios 2013\C++\PicoScopeC++\PicoScopeTest\Debug\PicoScopeTest.exe	1	1	PicoScopeTest
-Jason Ray

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jason,

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com and indicate if you require a 32-bit or 64-bit lib file?

We will make a request for a new SDK build with the correct lib file as well.

Regards,