default settings while opening plw player

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Jaap Beekman

default settings while opening plw player

Post by Jaap Beekman »

Hello,
While opening Plw player, it always starts at a certain point in the dataset. How can I preconfigure PLW player to display the whole datarange?
Greetings Jaap Beekman

Hitesh

Re: default settings while opening plw player

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jaap,

This information is captured into the settings files when you zoom in on the display - you can edit this file to change the graph view.

Close the PicoLog Player software and locate the Player.pls file as follows:

Windows XP:

Go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Pico Technology\

Windows Vista/7/8:

Go to:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Pico Technology\

To access the Application Data/AppData folder you will need to enable the option to view hidden files/folders.

Find the alphanumeric folder containing the Player.pls and Recorder.pls files. Open the Player.pls file in a text file and find the following lines e.g.:

[Graph1]
Active=Yes
Start=0
End=144

You can edit the Start and End parameters for the x-axis. Save the file, then open the data file again.

Hopefully, the new settings should take effect. Please note that you can save your settings files separately through the File -> Save as... menu item (you will need to change the Save as type to 'Settings files' (*.pls)).

I hope this helps.

Jaap Beekman

Re: default settings while opening plw player

Post by Jaap Beekman »

The individual files have their propeties at the tail of the file. If I edit them with notepad fi. the xscale can change.
The system wide player.pls (c:\user\username\appdata....))does not overule the settings for all the plw files. The only solution sofar will be to make a script to change the individual settings in the plw files, Thanks anyway.