RapidBlock timebase

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Sarunaszx

RapidBlock timebase

Post by Sarunaszx »

Hello,

i'm trying to make timebase on rapidblock example smaller. I get too few samples per laser pulse, I need better resolution. Tried oversampling, but it doesn't help. Original scope software is able to provide smaller timebases. Is there a way to do that with rapidblock?

i attached signal picture
Attachments
signal picture
signal picture

Hitesh

Re: RapidBlock timebase

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sarunaszx,

The fastest timebase index (0) is only available when a single channel is enabled.

Please note that the index corresponds to the sampling interval that you would see in the PicoScope 6 Properties pane, rather than the timebase/collection time in the PicoScope 6 toolbar.

Which device are you using?

Regards,

Sarunaszx

Post by Sarunaszx »

Thank you for your response, i'm using 2206 model.
If there is no way to make timebase smaller, I guess I'm going to need to make similar program using streaming mode.. I need ~10 images of pulses (similar to those seen in picture) from 2 channels. But trigger in streaming mode works odd, i don't quite understand it.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sarunaszx,

In streaming mode, the maximum possible sampling rate for the PicoScope 2206 is around 10MS/s shared between both channels, so it probably won't be suitable for your application.

In addition, the maximum streaming rate is dependent on your PC's available resources, so with a 3rd party application such as NI LabVIEW running, you may not achieve this maximum rate.

In streaming mode, only a single trigger is possible - it is not possible to re-arm the trigger until data collection has stopped. This is typically for use in situations where you are continuously monitoring a system and want to stop data collection on a particular event.

For your application, the PicoScope 3400 Series range of oscilloscopes might be more suitable (1GS/s with a single channel, 500MS/s with two channels enabled):

http://www.picotech.com/high-performanc ... copes.html

These oscilloscopes also have a relatively larger amount of buffer memory. For example, the PicoScope 3404A has a 4MS buffer shared between all channels. This would be enough for 10 waveforms of 120 samples each.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Sarunaszx

Post by Sarunaszx »

But with picotech original software, I can achieve much much shorter timebase, it can't be that different on labview and original software.. Now I'm using slower photo diodes and impulse is much longer, so it works. But it would be great to find a solution programically

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Can you click File -> Save As... in PicoScope 6 and send the settings file for the PicoScope 2206 to support@picotech.com so that I can take a look please?

Thanks,

Sarunaszx

Post by Sarunaszx »

I'm using slower diodes now and it's okay. But I have another problem. It says there is 16bit ADC in Rapid Acquisition mode, however, it's real resolution is a lot smaller. All ADC values are ~200bits apart.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Update: The ADC Count values are scaled from 8-bit to 16-bit on the device before being sent to the PC as opposed to being scaled by the driver.

Regards,

Sarunaszx

Post by Sarunaszx »

why is that? PicoScope 6 has better resolution..

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sarunaszx,

PicoScope 6 has a Resolution Enhacement feature that uses a moving average filter implemented in software to effectively provide up to an additional 4 bits.

Please refer to http://www.picotech.com/education/oscil ... ement.html for further information.

Thanks,