Using PicoLog to log data in the frequency domain

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Mbettinger
User
User

Using PicoLog to log data in the frequency domain

Post by Mbettinger »

I am attempting to monitor a low frequency vibration signal to detect frequency shifts as loading changes on my tool. I am able to save text files from FFT waveforms saved while using the PicoScope, but I would like to automate this using PicoLog recorder. I have been able to set the recorder up to log voltage samples over time, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to save blocks that include a snapshot of voltage vrs frequency. Is this possible? I'm using a PicoScope 3206. Thanks.
Michael Bettinger

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The FFT function that you have been using is unfortunately only present in Picoscope, not in Picolog. Therefore you can only save readings of the overall voltage or frequency in Picolog.

If you wish to do something different, you may find writing your won software a useful way of achieving this. Drivers can be downloaded for free from our website.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Mbettinger
User
User

Post by Mbettinger »

Thanks for your reply, at least I know now that I'm not missing something. The driver information on the web site says that the Labview drivers are for versions 4 and 5. I'm considering purchasing Labview if I can't locate a copy somewhere in our company. Is there more current drivers or will the older drivers work? Thanks.
Michael Bettinger

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Whilst our Labview drivers are built with an older version, they are compatible with the newer versions so you should not have any problems.

Hope this helps

Best Regards