Problem with temerature sensors

Post any questions about our serial port products
agiancarli
User
User

Post by agiancarli »

Hi,

I just purchased the DataLogger. When I attach the temperature sensors I only get a constant reading on the graph. If I hold the end of one senser in my fist, I do not get any response of increased temperature reading on the graph. It seems like the sensors are not working or recording temperature change. What am I doing wrong?

Anthony Giancarli

agiancarli
User
User

Post by agiancarli »

Hi again,

Just to let you know. As I am recording with the two sensors attach to the device, they not only read the same temperature but after I disconnect the 1st channel it is still reading the same temperature as the second channel.

The graph shows slight temperature changes on both channel, but they read exactly the same.

Please help.

Anthony.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Anthony

Thank you for your post.

You do not mention which temperature logger you are using.

From what you describe it sounds as though you are using a TC-08, is this correct?

When a TC-08 channel is not receiving a reading from a thermocouple it uses the reading from the cold junction, this appears to be what you are seeing and would explain why the temperatures all appear the same.

Is it a TC-08 you are using?
Are you seeing this on all of the channels?
Does it help if you use different sensors?
Have you had this unit working before?
Is it a USB or a Serial unit?

The more information you can give me to the above questions, the easier it will be to diagnose the problem.

Hope this helps

Best Regards