HumidiProbe problem

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
torbj@kth.se

HumidiProbe problem

Post by torbj@kth.se »

Dear all,
I have been using my HumidiProbe for some years together with LabView and other components without any problem until recently.

I have now included an USB microscope (Dino-light) together with my HumidiProbe and when having the USB microscope connected to the same computer the HumidiProbe just report zero in temp and humidity without any error given. OK the probe works after removing the microscope and restarting the computer. Bur I would like to use them together...

Any help or suggestion would be nice!

Hitesh

Re: HumidiProbe problem

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Are the devices connected through a (powered) hub or on separate USB ports?

It's possible there may be some conflict with USB communication.

It might be worth seeing if the PC sees them on the same or different USB Root hub in the Windows Device Manager.

Right-click on each of the USB Root Hubs and select Properties, then check to see which devices are shown in the 'Power' tab.

Best wishes,

Omar

Post by Omar »

Dear All,

Recently, I have installed picolog for the Humidiprobe. There is no problem when I try it for the first time through labview (example VI), but when I try afterwards it doesn't works. To make it working, I have to unplug und plug again the device and then it works. But the problem is that I don't want to do the same thing at each time. Any solutions ? Thanks

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Omar,

The example is missing a call to the HumidiProbeCloseUnit function.

You can add a function call library node (see forum post http://www.picotech.com/support/topic12601.html) and add this in, so that it is called if you press a stop button, after which the vi should stop running.

I hope this helps.