Signal generator stepping

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
cryogene

Signal generator stepping

Post by cryogene »

Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to manually step through a range of frequencies, using the signal generator, in say 1 Hz steps? I've tried to create a keyboard shortcut to step the signal generator but it defaults to I think 10 Hz steps. Thanks in advance for any help.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Signal generator stepping

Post by Martyn »

It's the most significant digit that increments/decrements by 1 each time, so 1Hz, 10Hz, 100Hz steps etc as appropriate.

The only option for an extended sweep of 1Hz steps would be to use the built in function and set the time increment to a reasonable value.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

cryogene

Re: Signal generator stepping

Post by cryogene »

Thanks Martyn. Hopefully it'll be an option available in some future version. For the moment I'll just input each frequency manually in the signal generator dialog. The reason I would like to automate this somewhat is that I use the spectrum mode to scan for harmonics, but would like to zoom/narrow in on each harmonic and analyze the signal. If I could use a "hotkey" to step through the frequencies in the harmonic area, that would simplify my data gathering. The 10 Hz step is a little too broad. :D