ADC100

Post any questions about our parallel port products
david.summers
User
User

ADC100

Post by david.summers »

ADC100 on XP with USB - picoscope
Zero reading is 0.2mv on meter, have tried setting null offset but makes no difference. Also the Meter takes a long time to update, scope shows reading instantly but the meter somtimes takes a minute to update.
Any ideas
Dave-S

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Dave

Thank you for your post.

Which version of the software is this? Make sure you are using our latest version which is R5.11.06. Does this still cause problems?

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Yes this is the latest version 5.11.6

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Dave

Thank you for your post.

When you offset null, do you short the channels?
Is there always a small offset on the value you are putting in or is it just at zero?

The meter function can be slow to update, this is something we are aware of. If you use the measurements function in the trace view do you get the same values?

Best Regards

usb/ADC100

Post by Guest »

Yes I short the probes and then click OK but it still shows the same 0.2mv, should it go to zero at this point.

The meter when trying to display frequency goes to zero even when there is a reading on the scope. The values on the scope and measurements are correct it is the meter thats does not respond.

I had been using this on the parrell port and it did work fine, but am now using USB, is this the problem? the ADC100 is the older type.

david.summers
User
User

Post by david.summers »

Hi

Just to add to the above problemm when I try to change the scope settings it brings up an error:
PSW32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close
David
Dave-S

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Is the USB adaptor that you are using, one of our adaptors?
If you toggle the AC/DC switch does this make a difference?
If you put a sine wave into the unit, what sort of trace do you see?
Do you still have the adaptor for incomatible parallel ports connected? Try it both with and without this adaptor and see if it helps.

Best Regards