Piacere!

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
TechnicaliTee

Piacere!

Post by TechnicaliTee »

That's one of the ways an Italian says Hello!

While I do not normally speak italian, I do like the sound of that greeting. It sort-of rolls off the tongue (pee-ah-chay-rey), doesn't it? Perhaps I should consider learning the language - but not today - maybe right after I learn to use PicoTech...

Anyway, greetings to you all. I'm a new user of a PicoScope 3204A, still familiarizing myself with all the bells and whistles of a newly acquired 3204A.

I'm also stumbling through the how-to's of using PicoLog Recorder, which for some strange reason does not appear to recognize my PicoScope 3000 Series when selected under "Recorder Details". Both subfolders were installed under a folder named Pico Technology. Am I missing a .dll file or have I not installed these two items correctly?

I hope that, in time, I will be able to help any of you with your needs as I hope you too will help me with mine.

Ciao! ...for now...
TechnicaliTee 8)

Hitesh

Re: Piacere!

Post by Hitesh »

Hello TechnicaliTee,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the PicoScope 3204A is not compatible with the PicoLog Recorder software as it has a different driver implementation to the original PicoScope 3000 series (only the PicoScope 3425 is compatible as it uses the older 3000 driver).

You can either use PicoScope 6 with a long timebase setting or write your own software using the Software Development Kit.

Ciao :wink:

TechnicaliTee

Post by TechnicaliTee »

Hitesh,

Va bene cosi (that's okay).

I am only slightly disappointed but appreciate your informative reply and will attempt to apply that solution.

Browsing this forum has proven to be quite educational. Reading the various posts revealed a simple *.psdata-to-*.csv file conversion process. I have since processed and charted some of the data collected in Excel, but for the fact that Excel is limited in the amount of data it will handle at one time...

My engineer is skilled in the use of MatLAB and will continue processing raw data to satisfy our needs. Meanwhile, I will gain more on-the-job experience.

I'm sure we will blog again soon.

Stare Bene (stay well),
TechnicaliTee

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi TechnicaliTee,

If you have the Instrument Control Toolbox, you can use MATLAB with the PicoScope 3204A to collect the data or alternatively write your own script.

Have you visited the MATLAB section of the forum?

http://www.picotech.com/support/forum71.html

Also, you can export PicoScope 6 data to .mat (v4) format.

Hope this helps.