multiple time rulers

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
ralphb

multiple time rulers

Post by ralphb »

Is there a way to have multiple time and voltage rulers on the same view? This would be very nice

Thanks

Chip

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: multiple time rulers

Post by Martyn »

We currently only have one pair of voltage rulers for each enabled channel and one pair of time rulers. If you have a specific case for using more then please email support@picotech.com and it can be put to the developers for consideration as an enhancement.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

I agree, multiple rulers would be helpful to me. I'm measuring different pulses within the same buffer and having to remove first delta to create second and then comparing the values of deltas seems like a perfect use of computer software.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I would suggest looking at using the Deep Measure feature, it may provide you with the information you require. It can provide information for multiple pulses within a single buffer.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

lab!fyi

Post by lab!fyi »

One can use multiple viewports to view same signal and gain extra set of rulers with each one.

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

Multiple viewport suggestion does work, thanks for making me aware of this. DeepMeasure is also good suggestion although in this case I'm looking at just two adjacent PWM pulses. Thanks for the replies

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

More workarounds... you can load a second instance of Picoscope ( but only as Administrator ? so right click when launching otherwise you just bring focus to first instance ) and then you use Windows 10 split screen settings to show multiple Picoscope instances on same display. Doing so allow for viewing different buffers on the display at the same time. Is there another way to view multiple buffers simultaneously ? If not, isn't this a useful thing to oscilloscope people ? See attached .png
Attachments
Split screen.png