Psdata file creation?

Post your .Net discussions here
Nolf

Psdata file creation?

Post by Nolf »

Hello,

I have a small hobby project where I would like to include automatic recordings through my PS2204, kind of like a signal log for later review. Handling the unit is not the problem, but rather I would like to save the recorded data in a way so it can be viewed in the PicoScope software, since it is quite convenient for zooming, scaling and so on. However, it is only possible to open psdata/psd files from within PicoScope. Is there some kind of file format documentation or SDK functionality I am missing, or any other additional tools that can do the job? (like converting csv to psdata or something of equal simplicity)

Hitesh

Re: Psdata file creation?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Nolf,

Unfortunately, the PicoScope 6 software can only load it's own .psdata and .pssettings file formats.

I can put in a feature request to see if a small tool can be provided.

Best wishes,

kruno

Post by kruno »

Hi,
Any news on the tool ?
I have similar problem. CSV to psdata would be great.
Tnx in advance.

Best regards,
kruno

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Our PicoScope software is free. Such a tool would allow other data acquisition devices to make use of our software, so developing such a tool would not make sense.

Why not use PicoScope to capture the data.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

kruno

Post by kruno »

Yes you are totally wright. But it is not wise to leave 1000$ device to do the capture on the remote site.
Ok, there are other software to to the analyze but i have already spent a lot of time learning this software.
It has some cool features other don't have.
I have a suggestion. Maybe pico can create such tool and sell it for some price?
I am first to pay for such tool.

Best regards,
Kruno

kruno

Post by kruno »

Can we crate some sort of pool so people can vote and are willing to pay for that feature ?

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

If you have some develping skill you can write your own psdata interface.
the file format is not too compicated :)

But the prefferred way is to let picotech provide some sort of API, for example only working when there is a pico scope connected to the pc.
Then they know for sure the software is used with their hardware.

This way you can capture the data with the API on higher sample rates, or longer timespans, than picoscope now supports.
And then analyse the data with picoscope software.

Edit:
This problem topic16751.html can easaly be solved if the OP had a way to write psdata files with the API.

Benno