Monitor Temperature using Labview v8.5.1

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
norleanausak

Monitor Temperature using Labview v8.5.1

Post by norleanausak »

Hi, i'm new in using pico USB TC-08 Thermocouple Data Logger interface with Labview. I've got this error when open my error list.
1. usbtc08.dll:_usb_tc08_open_unit@0 (digit 0 may vary to 4, 6, mains etc)
2. SelectUnit.vi : subVI not executable
3. GetReadings.vi : subVI not executable
I'm using example from USBTC08sdk_r10_5_0_19/Labview and it looks like the labview don't have library file.Try to merge SelectTC08.llb as library, but cannot function.

*Before open the labview, it ask me to find niTClk but I don't have the file.Is it the rootcause?

Could someone tell me what to do and where to find the library?

Please someone help me :?

Regards
Lana

Hitesh

Re: Monitor Temperature using Labview v8.5.1

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Lana,

Please ensure that you have copied the usbtc08.dll from the SDK root directory into the same directory where you have the vi and llb files.

I hope this helps.

norleanausak

Post by norleanausak »

Hi ,

Thanks Hitesh. I'm copy the usbtc08.dll into my instr.lib and it works. This should be no problem during run the software if the .dll file not same directory with .vi file rite? I'm sorry because i don't have the datalogger in my hand rite nw because not arrive yet. So, i'm just studying and try to develop software first.

By looking at labview interface from pico website (USBTC08sdk_r10_5_0_19), if i'm not mistaken, Ch1.1 to Ch1.8 represent 8 channel for Pico datalogger rite? I wonder, what will appear on graph when the labview run. Is it the graph will show independently or by grouping? If independent, that's mean, variety of graph will display rite and i cannot judge the reading from graph also? Because, my labview design using 3 datalogger (3 x 8Ch = 24 Ch), but i'm only use 18 channel with 6 different group, so many reading will come out.

Hopefully my labview will run smoothly because datalogger not arrive yet, while i'm running out of time... :(

Regards
Lana

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Lana,

It should be possible to place the dll elsewhere on your PC as LabVIEW should pick it up. You can also specify the location of the dll in each function call block within the LabVIEW vi and llb file.

With regards to the examples, the 2UnitSelect provides an example on how to connect to 2 TC-08 device by specifying the serial number. Each TC-08 has buttons to enable each of the 8 channels and drop-down selectors to select the thermocouple type.

If you are using the usbtc08 vi, then as above it has buttons and drop-downs to enable the channels and set the thermocouple type for the 8 channels for a single unit. The graph traces for these 8 channels are given separate colours and only enabled channels plus the cold junction temperature for the device as shown below:
Example LabVIEW display for TC-08
Example LabVIEW display for TC-08
I hope this helps.

norleanausak

Post by norleanausak »

Thanks Hitesh...

Hi Guys, really need your help as I need to complete this project by this week. My system using 3 driver of USB TC-08, and i'm using PicoLog recorder to record and display the temperature. My difficulty is the software cannot open the 3 driver simultaneously (USB TC-08 276, USB TC-08 277 and USB TC-08 347), but i need to run it together to calibrate and monitor the degree. Also every time setting, need to start from initial and makes me wasting of time. Is there any solution?

Please please please help me ya...

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

File->NewSettings and then make sure you tick the Use multiple converters box. Set up sample rate and then add the three USB converters and configure the channels.

Finally use File->SaveAs to save this configuration as a settings file type .pls which can be used to reopen the software with everything set up.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

norleanausak

Post by norleanausak »

Hi Martyn,

Thanks a lot. It helps me to calibrate all my tester easily.

Hi All,

Now i'm trying to monitor temperature for 3 datalogger driver using Labview 8.5.1. But i'm lacking of experience using datalogger in Labview. The example only show 2unit (2unitselect), but my project need to use 3 unit.I'm stuck in detecting the third driver because the Call Library FUnction Node only show for 2unit, and not 3 unit. My driver was TC-08 274, TC-08 277 and TC-08 347. But the software (2unitselect download from Pico website) only shows Unit A serial number (TC-08 27) and Unit B serial number (TC-08 34), the last number looks like not detecting by Labview.
Do someone help me to solve this problem? Any example using 3 driver ?What i need to change or add?

Please help this new user of Pico Datalogger.

Regards,
Lana

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You will need to modify the code so that it is able to open another device. Look carefully at the duplication for two devices and extend this to three.
Martyn

norleanausak

Post by norleanausak »

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for your advice. Already done the labview.
Fast action, you answer when i need the solution. Good technical support..

Thanks!!!!

Regards,
Leana

serkuscan

Post by serkuscan »

I have a similar problem. Pico TC-08(USB) works with 32bit windows 7 . However, it doesnt work with 64 bit windows.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Is your Labview 64 bit, or just the O/S ? and are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit drivers for the TC08 ?
Martyn