TC-08 Drivers

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
rontulus

TC-08 Drivers

Post by rontulus »

Hi there,

I have a Picoscope 5204 and a TC- 08 (USB) & a Humidity Probe (USB)
I am trying to Install Drivers for the TC-08, through Pico Log (The only way).

I have 3 Discs PicoScope : Software & Reference CD-Rom R.38 & R.42 & R50
This PC Originally installed for the Humidity Probe, it seems all that it wants to acknowledge.

Modify for TC-08, the Humidity probe DLL is gone and the TC-08 is there.
It will not recognise the TC-08. Copy the Humidity Probe Dll over and the probe is acknowledged & works.

1) Why will this program not recognise the TC-08 at all, when it runs fine on other PC's
2) Why can I not Log the 2 devices with the one logging program.

The Humidity Probe us USB, Else I would plug it into the TC-08 If the Software will ever recognise it.
I only want 3 channels 1 T/C on TC-08 and the 2 channels T & RH of the Probe1
Please kindly respond with your expertise. Thanking you in advance.

Hitesh

Re: TC-08 Drivers

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Rontulus,

The reason why there has been difficulty is that it sounds as though during the installation process the tick box to install drivers for other devices may not have been ticked.

I recommend the following:

1. Download the latest version of PicoLog from our website:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

In step 1, select either the HumidiProbe or the TC-08 Thermcouple Data Logger (USB). In step 2, select the PicoLog 5.22.8 option.

2. Uninstall the currently installed PicoLog software .
3. Install PicoLog 5.22.8 - when prompted to select the device, please choose the TC-08 (USB) and ensure the tick box to install for all other devices is ticked
4. Start PicoLog and click 'Normal'
5. Click File -> New Settings and in the Recording dialog, ensure that the 'Use Multiple Converters' tickbox is ticked
Recording dialog
Recording dialog
1_PLW_Recording_Dialog.png (23.79 KiB) Viewed 15081 times
6. Set the sampling parameters
7. Proceed to add the TC-08, and then the HumidiProbe, configuring the channels as required.

It's useful to save the settings file by clicking File -> Save As... and selecting the 'Save As' type to 'Settings files (*.pls)'.

I hope this helps.

rontulus

Post by rontulus »

Hi Hitesh,

Many thanks for the response.
However I Tried alll that, and when Loading ticked for other divices which loads all the DLL's.
Problem is the TC-08 Driver never makes the connection.

When the Humidity Probe was in stalled: Win Wiz found new hardware. They selected Yes & it auto found a Driver on the CD.
Does not matter how I search for the drivers. Win Wiz said it won't work properly and PICOLog cannot select it.

Nothing in the help talks about Hardware drivers and nothing makes a connection even though it has the DLL and knows what and where it is.

1. What is missing and how do I put it in place as there is no simple spot to locate drivers?

Pico Log cannot select the TC-08 and refresh does not help. It sees the Humidity Probe straight away and just loads it without request.
It just keeps telling me no device has been selected with the TC-08. Specifically the tick box was ticked! all DLL's appear in the directory.

2. What more than the DLL does it need to make the connection because it is not getting there?

Regards,

Rontulus

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Rontulus,

I am able to connect both a USB TC-08 and Humidiprobe on my PC.

When the software was installed, was the default device selected the TC-08 (USB) or the Humidiprobe?

When selecting the device in the Converters dialog in the PicoLog Recorder, please ensure the TC-08 (USB) is being selected.
TC_08_USB_Converters.PNG
TC_08_USB_Converters.PNG (26.41 KiB) Viewed 15061 times
HumidiProbe_Converters.PNG
HumidiProbe_Converters.PNG (26.82 KiB) Viewed 15061 times
Which operating system is being used? If it is Windows XP (32-bit), you will need service pack 3.

If you have installed PicoLog 5.22.8, then you should not be looking for drivers on the CD. The USB drivers are located in the system directory which can be found in the C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\Pico Full directory. You can run the DPInst.exe file to force the install of the USB drivers if required, but only if the devices are not located in the Device Manager.
TC-08_HumidiProbe.PNG
Please confirm that both devices are visible in the Windows Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Thanks,