No measurements on digital channels?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
oholsen

No measurements on digital channels?

Post by oholsen »

Why are there no measurements on digital channels? Some defined measurements like pulse width, duty cycle, frequency, etc also apply to digital channels.

I managed to get measurements of digital channels via reference waveforms, but this was a poor solution as the reference waveforms did not scale with different time bases.

Hitesh

Re: No measurements on digital channels?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

We can put this in as a feature request.

The other option is to create a Maths Channel for the digital channel and then add a measurement on that.

I hope this helps.

bruceleo59

Post by bruceleo59 »

I too am trying to do a measurement (duty cycle) on a digital channel, with no success.
I also don't see how to add a math channel referencing a digital channel. Please explain how to do this.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi bruceleo59,

Once you have setup you Digital Channels, click Tools -> Math Channels

Next, click Create, followed by Next

In the Math Channel wizard, Click Advanced, followed by the 'duty' button.

Place the cursor in the brackets in the equation editor and then from the drop-down next to the button for channel B, select the digital channel (in this case D0).
Math Channel Wizard dialog
Math Channel Wizard dialog
Follow through the steps in the Math Channel wizard, and then ensure that the new Math Channel has a tick next to it:
Math Channel dialog
Math Channel dialog
Math_Channel_dialog.PNG (16.59 KiB) Viewed 3906 times
This will then display a waveform in the analogue waveform section of the PicoScope 6 display representing the duty cycle value.

Regards,