ADC200/20 LabVIEW

Post any questions about our parallel port products

ADC200/20 LabVIEW

Post by Guest »

Hello

i am using a Adc200/20 with LabVIEW
the device is working with a battery
the problem is that when the battery is empty, and i start to run the device,an exception occurs that stops the LabVIEW programm.
Is it possiple, to use a function that only returns the failure, so LabVIEW can be ended normally?
There are some functions in your library (such as adc200_test) that are not explained in your manual. Where can i get information on how to use them and what they do?

thanks for your help

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem. The other functions that are declared in the dll are not intended for external us and thus no information is available about these.

The problem sound like you your program does not handle the unit not being opened. A check should be made to see if the adc200_open_unit returns 1 or 0 and if 0 is returned the program should stop and not call other functions.

I would recommend you looking at a sequence case, or perhaps some else on the forum could help you further with the labview syntax.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

No, i am checking that.
the problem is that it is taking several blocks of data for some time, while it is open.
When the power is low, and i call, for example, adc200_run or i try to read the block, then it returns the exception.
i cant open it new every time because it lasts too long.
isnt there any possibility to check the device faster? the adc200_get_unit_info only returns the value of the last adc200_open_unit without checking it at the time.
What about those other functions (adc200_test and so on)?

thanks for your help

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Unfortunately, the routines that are explained in the help manual are the only ones that can be used. You could look at the set_rapid routine to speed you you arming and collection of the values.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer