Picoscope 2205 MSO can not get the level 0V at channel B

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
khanhtanvn88

Picoscope 2205 MSO can not get the level 0V at channel B

Post by khanhtanvn88 »

My oscilloscope has 2 channels, channel A and channel B. When i connect 2 probes in the channels and use them simultaneously, i see just the channel A can get the level 0V very well, but the channel B always remains nearly -0.6V. How can i correct the level of channel B to get the 0V. Please help me to do that. Thank you very much!
Attachments
Picoscope 2205 MSO.psdata
(15.22 KiB) Downloaded 452 times

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 2205 MSO can not get the level 0V at channel B

Post by Martyn »

Where have you connected the ground clip of each probe ?
Are you connected to a desktop/laptop PC ? If laptop is it on mains power or battery ?
Are you using the blue Pico USB cable ?
Are the levels the same with nothing connected ?

Can you post the text from Help->About in the Picoscope software so that we can check the driver versions.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

khanhtanvn88

Post by khanhtanvn88 »

Thank you for reply me! I remember that when i buy the Picoscope, i have checked it and both of the channels got the 0V level very well. They displayed coincidentally very well, but i have gone wrong at channel B recently.
1/ I did both ways. The frist, I connect 2 ground clips at the same position 0V in the PCB ( I want to measure the scope at two positions in this board), but the result when i did not touch the pins of the two to anything was like the file i have posted. The second, i connected 2 probes to my picoscope, i let them staying freely (Did not connect anything to anything), the result shows the same .
2/ I use my Picoscope with Laptop.
3/ Actually, i set aside the genuine Picoscope USB Cable and using another same type.
4/ The levels are the same with nothing connected.

I have posted the text From Help -> About .... in word format. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you so much!
Attachments
Picoscope 2205 MSO Data.doc
(305.5 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Please see the following thread http://www.picotech.com/support/topic12019.html and follow the instructions to install the old driver which hopefully should fix your issue.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

khanhtanvn88

Post by khanhtanvn88 »

I have fixed the problem. Thank you so much Mr Martyn.