Usage of CM3 Data Logger

Which product is right for your exact requirements
dsears

Usage of CM3 Data Logger

Post by dsears »

I am interested in recording ac currents in the range of 0 to 20 ac amps. I have current transducers (donuts) installed that put out .333 ac volts full scale (30 amps ac). Will the CM3 accurately record voltage variations within that range?? Also, I believe there is no data storage capability in the CM3, thus a computer (USB) or an Ethernet connection to the Web is necessary to provide date storage and power for the CM3. Since it is not possible to have a computer connected for long periods and an Ethernet connection is not available, is it possible to connect a stand alone "data collector" in place of the computer or Ethernet connection. If this "data collector" could be connected through the USB ports is there a way to independently supply power to the CMS. dsc

Hitesh

Re: Usage of CM3 Data Logger

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

The input range of the CM3 is 0 - 1V AC RMS.

At 24-bit resolution there are approximately 16.8 million steps so this gives

1 / 16777216 ~= 60nV per step.

The full specifications can be found on the website:

http://www.picotech.com/current-data-logger.html

A device running an application (PicoLog or using the Software Development Kit) is necessary in order for data to be collected from the device. If your data collector is unable to do this then I am afraid it won't be possible.

The device can use a Power over Ethernet connection when data is being collected via the Ethernet connection.

Regards,