PicoScope 3206 with LabView 2011

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Flow

PicoScope 3206 with LabView 2011

Post by Flow »

Hey!

I am running a 32bit LabView 2011 Version on a 64bit Win7-System. I have no problems with running the PicoScope 6 Software.
Then I tried to use the sdk's LV-examples, but they somehow don't work properly...After I start LV and load one of the example I recognize the followin routine:
First run of the VI) The VI doesn't open the device in a correct way. The small "PicoScope"-window is open quite long and the green bar doesn't fill but stays grey. After ~10 sec, the PicoScope-window disappears. The "Handle OK"-LED then does not light up. Pushing the Stop-Button works. Checking the debug-mode, I see, that the OpenUnit-function returns a 0.
Second run of the VI) The device opens in a correct way. I can see a signal and everything works fine but when pushing the stop-button (the one which ends the while-loop and not the one next to the run-button) the programm hangs-up. I have to close labview via the task-manager. In the debug-modus I can see, that everything works fine until the call-up of the Close-Unit function.

Rebooting the system doesn't help.

Are there any known bugs with labview2011 concerning the examples? I got the examples from the picotech-homepage, after choosing my device (3206).

I would be very happy for any help!

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope 3206 with LabView 2011

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Flow,

Is the device appearing correctly in Device Manager i.e. has the driver loaded ok?

Are you using a blue or white usb cable and is the power supply to the device connected? If it is the blue cable, have you tried other USB ports?

I've tested the block example using LabVIEW 2011 and 2012 (no input signal) and it seems to be running ok.

Regards,

Flow

Post by Flow »

Hey Hitesh!

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
I guess the used USB-cable (it is a grey one) is not the original one, but I am not sure with that. Is it that important??
Acutally, it seems that the device opens correctly. It appears in windows' control panel (driver-version: 2.0.3.7). Anyway, each time I connect it to any of my USB-ports, windows says: "This device can perform faster". Of course, all USB-ports are USB 2.0 ready.
At least, I do not use a power supply. I thought the picoscope could be supplied with the USB cable?

Best,
Flow

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Flow,

We recommend the use of the Blue USB cable for reliable connections to the oscilloscope.

The PicoScopes are supplied with a USB cable. Can you please confirm if you have a PicoScope 3206, 3206A or 3206B? The label on the underside will tell you this or when you view the Help -> About PicoScope 6... option in PicoScope 6.

If you have the old PicoScope 3206, you should have received a 12V power supply with the device.

Thanks,