ADC11 Install Problems

Post any questions about our parallel port products
roclite

ADC11 Install Problems

Post by roclite »

Hi,

Tried to install an old ADC11 and having some problems. I an using a Shuttle XPC running Vista (32-bit).
I have installed a PCIe Parallel Port Adapter (MOSCHIP) and that appears to be installed correctly.
I installed the latest Picoscope version (scope and logger) currently available on PIco Technology web-site.
However, when i run picologger or pico-scope i get an output reading of 2.500V on all 11 channels, nothing
appears to change this reading. This looks like an install prpblem. I believe the ADC11 is working and i cant
see any other obvious problems. Hope someone can help.

roclite

Re: ADC11 Install Problems

Post by roclite »

Hi,

Posting up-date, everything working great, i managed to sort out myself.

For others benefit, the problem was a school-boy error as i was trying to configure
the ADC11 to LPT1 which was the mother-board parallel port on the Shuttle XPC. The
port was not used and had no parallel cable fitted. The cost of a parallel PC8 cable was
£25 whereas a PCIe parallel adapter card is only £15 from eBay. I can confirm that the
PCIe Muti-I/O Parallel Printer Card MC9901 (MosChip) does work perfectly. All i had to
do was configure ADC11 for LPT3 (in File/Preferences/Converter), this was the default
LPT allocation given to the adapter parallel port on install. Simples!