converter parallel port to USB

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
mfs

converter parallel port to USB

Post by mfs »

Hi, I have ADC 11 and I used with parallel port conection to LABVIEW. Later, I adquired the converter parallel port to USB and I used in various computers with Windows XP. But I have a computer with windows XP, where the software of PICO (converter parallel port to USB) doesn't works and I don't have idea why, because before to install this software I had installed the software Pico for parallel port and it worked.
Do you have any idea for resolve this problem?. It's curious that in many computer with XP works and in only one doesn't works.

Thanks.
Regards.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: converter parallel port to USB

Post by Martyn »

64bit XP ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

mfs

Post by mfs »

Windows XP 32bits

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

One possibility would be that the machine is not providing sufficient power for the device to work, other thatn that I can only suggest comparing the settings on a working and the non working machine.
Martyn

mfs

Post by mfs »

Hi Marty, I compared the computers, and one is an Intel Celeron D 325, 2533 MHz (19 x 133) with 1270Mb RAM that it´s works and another is Mobile Intel Pentium M 740, 1733 MHz (13 x 133) with 1075Mb RAM this the computer where doesn't works.
Can be a problem with the registry of windows?.

Thanks for your help.
Regards.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you have access to a powered USB hub I would suggest connecting that to the machine that doesn't work and then connecting the adapter into the hub. If that scenario works then it is the laptop not supplying sufficient power to the USB port.
Martyn