Problem Whit Picoscope 3204b

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
BenQ_5

Problem Whit Picoscope 3204b

Post by BenQ_5 »

Hello everybody, the last month i started to work whit labview to develop an application to communicate a picoscope 3204b, after to download the SDK example i saw a signal like noise i try using a DC 5 V signal, and in the virtual oscope you can see only the max value in the buffer of the picoscope, no the real signal. I was trying to understand the programation of the driver that i downloads but these are in contradiccion whit tha information that the programes guide geve us to solve our own problem. For example, to run block you need to open unit, set up channel, trigger, sart the run block, wait until the picoscope is ready, located the point of the buffer, then get the values, display the datas, stop the unid, and repid until you stop the program. But what it is programer make a graphic using de output of the ps3000aSetDataBuffers, and no the datas after ps3000agetvalues, like other examples of last version.

if somebody understant what i am trying to say... please help me.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem Whit Picoscope 3204b

Post by Martyn »

If you look at the example vi's provided in the sdk, and step through them in operation, you will see how to use the device.

There are three modes of operation

Block mode where data is collected to the scopes internal buffer a block at a time and then downloaded to the pc
Rapid block where multiple blocks of data are collected to the scopes buffer before downloading to the pc
Streaming mode where data is sent directly to the pc.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

BenQ_5

Post by BenQ_5 »

Yes you are right, but if you see the programmer guide, there are steps that you need to follows to develelop your application, in comparison whit the example, as you can see into the block diagram first there is a subvi for set channel configuration, hen there is another for the trigger conditions, and run block, in this topic you need to wait until the picoscope is ready and setdatabuffers function just for make the call of the function getvalues... after that you are able to show the datas... i send to you a picture trying to explain.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I have not seen your picture yet.
Martyn

BenQ_5

Post by BenQ_5 »

i´m realy zorry, my internet connection is no the best... so i allways have poblems... please be patient, a will try to send again the picture.

BenQ_5

Post by BenQ_5 »

picoRunBlock.rar
(213.28 KiB) Downloaded 623 times
trying to upload the picture

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

It would be easier if you submitted the vi rather than a picture.
Martyn

BenQ_5

Post by BenQ_5 »

i already solve the problem... now i do not know how to program the trigger condition unique mode to capture...