Acessing TC08 remotely over the internet using Visual Basic

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
john

Post by john »

Is there any way to access the TC08 remotely using VB over the internet - do you have any code samples or sample programs or advice which you might share?.
Thanks
John

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Hi John,

There's no reason why you couldn't do this, although we don't have any example code ourselves. I'm not sure how to do this with VB, but there are loads of resources available to help you out.

This site is dedicated to doing just this: http://www.vbip.com/

Hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer

john

Accessing the TC08 remotely over the internet using VB

Post by john »

Hi Matthew,
thanks for the reply - I had hoped that you could explain how one might interface an external program with picolog recorder operating in server mode to retrieve the data.

Picolog recorder in client mode interfaces with picolog recorder in server mode somehow - I had hoped you could explain how this was done and how a third party application might do the same interfacing, preferably with some code samples - ideally VB but any other language would probably do.

Regards
John

PS My first reply to this didn't show up - this is the second attempt.

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by matthew »

Hi John,

You should have said that you wanted to interface with PicoLog directly I assumed you wanted to write both server & client software.

If you register as a user and provide me with your email address I may have some code that will help you do this in Linux/C. It will require a fair bit of deciphering though and I can't support it.

Kind Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer

John

Post by John »

Thanks Matthew - I've registered and would be grateful if you would mail me the code. By the way I've had three messsages not show up in this thread.

Regards
John