Pico Log export to Excel using DDE

Forum for discussing PicoLog
alexc63

Pico Log export to Excel using DDE

Post by alexc63 »

Hi,

I am currently recording some voltages using the ADC-20. The Pico log software is working fine as expected, but I would like to export the data to Excel in real time. I am using the command "=PLW|Current!Value", simply pasting this into an Excel cell. As soon as I press enter after typing this in, Excel crashes (not responding message).

I am running windows 7 with Excel 2010.

Help anyone? Will be much appreciated.

Note: not much knowledge of DDE or stuff like this in Excell

Thanks.

Alex.

Hitesh

Re: Pico Log export to Excel using DDE

Post by Hitesh »

Please find attached an example Excel file that we have which includes DDE commands. Unfortunately I do not have much experience of DDE programming but I can try to assist further if you require any further help.
DDE PicoLog (multi chn).xls
DDE Example file
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 869 times

alexc63

Post by alexc63 »

Thanks Hitesh,

I have tried your macro and whenever I click on the action buttons, Excel just freezes (not responding).

I have installed the VBA converter necessary as well.

Should this just work straight away? Or do I need to make any adjustments to the file you provided?

Many thanks for your help.

Alex.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Alex,

It appears to be working on my PC after I changed the Cold Junction channel name to Channel 2, and changed the units (although I think this gets updated anyway). I've attached the .xls file and my PicoLog settings file for you to try - use the File -> Open menu item in PicoLog to load the settings file.

Please ensure the following:
  • PicoLog application is open and setup for the ADC-20
  • Open the Excel file and ensure Macros are enabled
  • Click either the 'Get Current Readings' and 'Update readings every second' button
I hope this helps.
Attachments
ADC_20_DDE.pls
PicoLog settings file
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
DDE PicoLog (multi chn) - ADC-20.xls
Excel file
(17 KiB) Downloaded 714 times