The AWG issue of PicoScope5204 on PicoScope R6.6.18

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
jameslu

The AWG issue of PicoScope5204 on PicoScope R6.6.18

Post by jameslu »

Hi,

I found the AWG output issue of 5204 with the last version PicoScope. The output signal is wrong when I set any waveform in Arbitrary Waveform Generator. But the function on R6.5.77 is OK.

:(

Hitesh

Re: The AWG issue of PicoScope5204 on PicoScope R6.6.18

Post by Hitesh »

Hi jameslu,

Could you please send in a screenshot of what you are seeing or send in your arbitrary waveform file together with a .psdata file containing your settings please?

Thanks,

jane

Post by jane »

Another AWG issue.
One issue with the AWG, Picoscope 6.6.23 and 4262 is ringing.
AWG-sq-ring.gif
It looks like the AWG pushes the bandwidth limit of the DAC/filter. For the 4262 hardware any other waveforms than sine are more or less useless, either the bandwidth/slew rate is very limited or there are ringing..

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

It would be better to use the signal generator within the PicoScope setup rather than the AWG itself to generate the square wave as the function has a much improved fast edge performance.

Regards,

jameslu

Post by jameslu »

I got the screen, the AWG output is connected to the CH1.
i1.jpg
i2.jpg
i3.jpg

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Thanks Jameslu,

Development have been notified of this via the bug reporting system - I think you can reduce the amplitude of the arbitrary wave and adjust the signal generator voltage to temporarily correct things.

Hope this helps.

jameslu

Post by jameslu »

Not fixed in R6.6.23 yet :(

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

HI Jameslu,

It's working fine in PicoScope 6.7.2 Beta. Please download and install this from:

http://labs.picotech.com/

It will install alongside your present PicoScope installation.

Regards,

Audioguy
Active User
Active User

Post by Audioguy »

I was trying to read up on the performance of the signal generator of 4262 since that built in generator is one of the reasons I'm considering this scope.

It's not clear to me what kind of performane to expect since the manual is not very informative in this regard.

It says DC-20kHz and sine, square and some other standard signal types. Looking at this thread I suspect I can not get clean 20kHz square waves with minimal overshoot?

When using a scope to analyse digital filters in CD-players and other digital audio devices such as pro grade 24/96 DAC/ADC obviously you must have stimuli free from the artefacts you are trying to analyse.

Since the scope itself has a 5MHz bandwith I would expect a generator that match that bandwith.

Please educate me in this matter.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

It is specified for a 20kHz sine wave, a 20kHz square wave would require a 100kHz generator at a minimum.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager