Pico 6 cannot detect Picoscope 2000

Having problems ? let us know the details here
garyl

Pico 6 cannot detect Picoscope 2000

Post by garyl »

On a WinXP machine, I installed the software (updating from the web) successfully, then plugged in the P2000. It said installing drivers, and then hung there. I waited an hour, but with nothing happening, tried to restart, and it hung - had to remove the power cord.

Now, when I plug in the P2000, it shows up in the USB list, but the scope software says it's not there.

I can't uninstall the driver (machine just hangs), and cannot re-install because Windows says that I already have the most appropriate driver installed.

What do I do now?

Hitesh

Re: Pico 6 cannot detect Picoscope 2000

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Garyl,

Which version of PicoScope did you download?

Try unplugging the device from the PC, then either by starting the PicoScope installer or via the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Control Panel, choose the option to repair the installation and then plug the device back in.

It's possible the driver became corrupted on install. When you tried to uninstall the device, are you referring to the uninstall option in the Device Manager?

Regards,

garyl

Post by garyl »

The version is 6.6.16.12.

I've already tried the option to repair the installation - it says completed successfully.

Turned the machine off and on again, plugged in the PicoScope. Fired up PicoScope6 and same thing - no suitable device found.

I installed the same downloaded file on another machine, and no problem there.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Is the device working on another PC then?

With the device plugged in to the PC where it is not working, please right-click the PicoScope 2000 Series entry and select the option to uninstall.

Next, uninstall the PicoScope software and navigate to the following folder:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\

To access the AppData folder and below you will need to be able to view hidden folders within Windows:
  • Go to C:\Users\ in Windows Explorer
  • Click Tools -> Folder options
  • Click the View tab, then under Hidden Files and Folders, select the tickbox to 'Show hidden files and folders', then click 'OK'.
Delete the Pico Technology folder, then reboot the PC and re-install the PicoScope software. Once this is complete, connect the PicoScope to the PC.

Regards,

ItronLb

Post by ItronLb »

Hi,
I reply to this post because I think I have a similar problem.
I have a Picoscope3424 device and windows XP correctly detect it.
When I launch install and launch software PicoFull_r5_16_2.exe, it's work fine.

But with software 6.6.16.12 I got the windows "No Device Found" at the application start. Could you help me?

Regards,

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi there,

This is being investigated as other Customers have contacted us regarding their devices. The common theme seems to be Windows XP. It would be helpful if you could let us know whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, and whether the PC is a desktop or laptop.

Thanks,

ItronLb

Post by ItronLb »

Hi,
My Pc is a desktop with XP 32-bits.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Thanks for the information. We will post back when we have an update on our investigations.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ItronLb

Post by ItronLb »

up...

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Please go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and look for the Windows Management Instrumentation. Ensure that the service is running and then try connecting the scope and running PicoScope.

Regards,

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Please try downloading and installing PicoScope 6.6.37 (RC) from our website:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

In Step 1, select your device. In Step 2, select the 'PicoScope 6.6.37 (RC)...' option and then click the 'Download R6.6.37' button when it appears.

Hope this helps,

ItronLb

Post by ItronLb »

It's works!
Thanks you

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi ItronLb,

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

ccluff

Post by ccluff »

I also am having trouble getting the Picoscope 6 software (6.6.57.20) to recognize my device (2208). On a 32 bit WinXP (SP3) machine I am unable to get the USB drivers to install properly. On a 32 bit Vista (SP2) machine it installs, device manager recognizes the device as "PicoScope 2000 series PC Oscilloscope", but Picoscope 6 says "No suitable device found."

I just purchased this device and would like to start using it ASAP. - Thanks Cal

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Is this a 2208 or a 2208a ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager