PS3000 Delphi example will not compile

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
rubert

PS3000 Delphi example will not compile

Post by rubert »

I am using the delphi example from the SDK PS3000sdk_r10.1.0.17.zip file.

There are numerous compiler errors, I am using Delphi 7. I started correcting them but realised I do not have enough knowledge about what things should be that I gave up.

Is there an example available that works?

Also, we have just bought a 3204A, will the PS3000sdk_r10.1.0.17.zip SDK files work with this, or do I have to use the file with an "a" in the name PS3000asdk_r10.1.0.17.zip?

Thanks
Steve

rubert

Re: PS3000 Delphi example will not compile

Post by rubert »

I have just found the newer SDK, downloading when selecting 3204a. This SDK does not have any delphi examples, fair enough but a bit annoying.

Should the delphi example from the 3000 SDK work on the 3204? Assuming it can be made to compile?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Steve,

Our support to Delphi is limited to the provision of the examples. Based on a previous query, the picoStatus.h file is missing from the SDK and so I have attached it to this post.
picoStatus.h
picoStatus.h file
(7.66 KiB) Downloaded 725 times
In addition, we recently had a customer who had some issues with the PicoScope 3000 Delphi example and he kindly provided us with the fixed file - perhaps this may be of use to you. Please note that we have not tested this file.
PS3000.txt
PS3000 Delphi file - rename the extension to .inc
(7.06 KiB) Downloaded 769 times
For the 3204A, please download the latest SDK from our website http://www.picotech.com/software.html
  • In Step 1, choose the PicoScope 3204A
  • In Step 2, select Software Development Kit R10.1.2.1
  • Click the 'Download R10.1.2.1' button when it appears
  • Save the PS3000asdk_r10_1_2_1.zip folder to a suitable location on your hard drive and extract the contents - there is a Programmer's Guide contained within.
You will need to use the 3000a files specifically from this SDK for the 3204A.

With regards to your 2nd post, you would most likely need to modify the 3000 Delphi example to work with a 3204A as it uses a different dll and the function names are different. Please refer to the Programmer's Guide and the ps3000Api.h header file if you wish to do this.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

rubert

Post by rubert »

Hi Hiteshi, thanks for the reply

Our support to Delphi is limited to the provision of the examples. Based on a previous query, the picoStatus.h file is missing from the SDK and so I have attached it to this post.

I accept this, however, I do not think it is unreasonable to expect the examples to work, or at the very least compile, otherwise they are not really examples of anything!

I will have a look through the reference manual (which I had not noticed, as the title just says user guide) and header file you sent.

Regards

Steve

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

When originally released the examples compiled and ran correctly. In an ideal world we would like to keep them updated in line with the development tools, however this would detract from the development of our new products.

We do have an applications site, http://www.picoapps.com/coders-corner/, where developers can supply example code they are willing to share with the wider community.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager