PICO 3423 w/PV350

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Tom@adaauto

PICO 3423 w/PV350

Post by Tom@adaauto »

I have a PICO 3423 and I'm trying to capture compression waveforms using a Fluke PV350. I've made several custom probe "drivers" for it but I just can't seem to get decent waveforms. I've change the filtering all over the place, I had some time & a vehicle in a week ago, I was sampling off one cylinder with the engine running and tried for an hour and a half, never could get a good/usable waveform. The guys at AES wave sent me a couple "drivers" (custom probe settings), but they don't do the trick either.
Has anyone tried compression waveform analysis with this setup before? Did I get a bum PV350? I'm using PICO 6.something and the scope seems to work fine, I get good waveforms with other devices.
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I've got a pressure waveform analysis class coming up in Sept and would like to get the most out of it..... Thank You Tom Berner, Ada Auto Repair 208.323.7242

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: PICO 3423 w/PV350

Post by gruntman »

Tom,

Without seeing the waveform it's hard to guess at what the issue is exactly. Can you capture a waveform and save the .psdata for us?

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com

Tom@adaauto

Re: PICO 3423 w/PV350

Post by Tom@adaauto »

I called the guys @ AES Wave were I bought the PV350 & they helped me out. My main problem was that I need to ground one of the channels of the scope, that alone helped tremendously. Other people might say "duh", but I didn't know, now I do. The other thing that helped was they had sent me several drivers,one that was for kpa, I didn't understand why. The PV350 has a very weak signal in english setting, but much stronger in metric. The driver they sent utilizes this and is scaled to read on the scope correctly in psi, probe set to metric.
I hope this info helps the next guy down the road. I was thinking I might have gotten a bum probe, but it was just ignorance....Thanks.... Tom Berner Ada Auto Repair Boise ID USA 208.323.7242