EL005 sampling rate

Which product is right for your exact requirements
emforce

EL005 sampling rate

Post by emforce »

I am considering the use of the EL005 plus EL016 for data logging purposes. I have some questions regarding the sampling process:

What is the highest possible sampling frequency and how does this vary with the number of input channels ?

I will use several units EL005 on different physical locations but during analysis I have to synchronize the data from different units. Is the internal clock sufficiently accurate to ensure that, for example, if samples #1 from two units are taken simultaneously, samples #30,000 from these two units are still simultaneous within one sampling interval ?

As an alternative, is a real-time clock or radio clock available as an input device for the EL005?

For your information, because of severe restrictions in locally available power the use of a PC as a data collection device is not a preferred option.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The fastest sampling rate is 1 per minute.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to synchronize the sampling from different converters or different channels on the same converter. This is also not possible to synchronize two EL005 loggers.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

arfa

which product for faster sampling rates ?

Post by arfa »

Could you modify an EL005 logger to have 1 second sampling rate ?
I want to record several weather parameters, slow ones like temperature
and faster ones like atmospheric and earth potentials during storms.
If you can't, I'll have to buy one of your ADC products and design my
own data logging system based on a small single board PC...
Anyway, how much power does it require with a few converters
(EL001+EL006+EL037), so I can choose solar cells+battery+regulator ?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Unforunately, the Enviormon System cannot be modified to sample at 1 per second.

The ADC converters and the Enviromon System are not compatable with each other. If you use an ADC unit then the sensor input will need to be in the range of the unit, if it is not then you will have to signal condition the unit.

The ADC units have to be connected to a PC at all times whilst in use.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer