ADC-40 Aymmetrical display

Having problems ? let us know the details here
jduffus

ADC-40 Aymmetrical display

Post by jduffus »

Hi,
I just started using Picoscope, with Win 98 to parallel port. Using latest software.

Displaying the output of an ac power supply which reads 13.5 V rms (i.e.approx 19V pk) on a meter I get a display (with a 10x probe) of +20V peak to -45V peak. Exactly the same display with connections reversed.
With an AAA cell I get 1.87V with normal connection, and -26.77V reversed.
Also with a half cycle of the 60Hz there seems only to be about 8 samples. It jumps from the zero-crossing to about half amplitude in a straight line although there seem to be more points around the peak.

(I checked the parallel port after reading a previous post and it is set at Normal, 378H and IRQ 7)
Thanks,
John Duffus

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi John,

I can't replicate the problems you describe, I've tried both 5.09.4 and BETA. Could you email me some .psd files showing the problem, so I can have a look at your settings?

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi John,

Thanks for the .psd files. Well, I think either the ADC or the parallel port on the PC is faulty.

If you could try the ADC-40 on a different PC and confirm that the problem still exists then you've almost definitely got a faulty ADC. If thats the case contact our returns department for an RMA number so that we can test it in the lab.

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator