When saving to text or csv picolog crashes

Forum for discussing PicoLog
GiladO
User
User

When saving to text or csv picolog crashes

Post by GiladO »

I've been using picolog for a couple of years with a TC-08 USB. Since yesterday when trying to save the measurement as txt or csv files the program crashes. Upgrading to newer versions after cleaning the registry does not help. Trying to open the files on other computers and exporting them crashes the program too.

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: When saving to text or csv picolog crashes

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
Please send an example .plw file which crashes to:-
support@picotech.com
I will see if I can open it and convert to text or csv.
(Not too big a file please!)
Regards,
PeterF.

tyekuhn

Post by tyekuhn »

Hello,

I'm having the same issue: picolog is crashing when I try to save as CSV or TXT file. However, it's not all the time. I have two different PLW files, one "small" (9.6MB), one "large" (28MB). The small file exports without an issue; the large file crashes picolog every time. I've tried on two computers, XP and Windows 7...same thing on each machine. I'm using an ADC20, and the latest version of the software tools (r5_21_9).

I would send the file, but below you ask not to send a large file; is there an ftp site I can upload the file to so that you can try it? The large file has 1,000,000 sample points...the reported upper limit.

Thank you,
Ted

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Please send your details including email address to support@picotech.com and we will be able to create a guest account on our ftp server to which you can upload the files.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager