Repeated software crash/ USB connection TC-08 Picolog 5.21.0

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
Mark Tic

Repeated software crash/ USB connection TC-08 Picolog 5.21.0

Post by Mark Tic »

Hi

I hope you can help, I've only used the set up for 1.5 days and this has happened 3 times....

After about 2 hours of collecting data the software doesnt respond, the recorder window appears atypical, ie doesnt show temps, and data recording stops. I have to close the software via taskmanager, then physically disconnect the USB cable, and then re-plug into laptop, then open Picolog for the whole thing to work again. No error codes appear. When this error occurs all data is lost, the plw file is empty.

I have
TC-08 USB version
Windows Vista Business
Laptop on mains power and no powersaving
Picolog 5.21.0 loaded in first instance as download from site

I hope you can help as this is quite urgent
Mark

Same guy!

Re: Repeated software crash/ USB connection TC-08 Picolog 5.21.0

Post by Same guy! »

I am still getting this software crash, and it occurs somtimes only after running data acquistion for 30mins. This is very difficult to work with and I am losing data. It also means I have to string together lots of exported files to get a graph of temps for the whole day, because I keep starting new data files every hour or so.

Has anybody else suffered this problem?

Best regards
Mark

Post by Guest »

[quote="Same guy!"]I am still getting this software crash, and it occurs somtimes only after running data acquistion for 30mins. This is very difficult to work with and I am losing data. It also means I have to string together lots of exported files to get a graph of temps for the whole day, because I keep starting new data files every hour or so.

Has anybody else suffered this problem?

Best regards
Mark[/quote]

Mark,
I'm going to guess and say your using a Laptop, because I had a simalar problem with mine. I find that when it goes into its power saving modes Pico freazes. Go to, Display Properites, Screen Saver, Power, and turn them all to never (when plugged into main power). You should find this helps.

Regards,

Dmop

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
Please now try PicoLog R5.21.1, I think that will cure this.
Regards,
PeterF.

Mark Tic

Post by Mark Tic »

Hi

UPDATE......

I've installed the new version 5.21.1 and I have reached about 2.5 hours without a software crash. So I'll keep you posted as I get braver and braver with allowing the data to acquire for longer and longer periods of time!

btw turning off all the energy saving never helped the situation, but this new version of software is working much better....

Many many thanks for addressing my problem