3224 Drivers

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
MAH2681

3224 Drivers

Post by MAH2681 »

Hello,

We have a 3224 scope. My question is in regard to updated drivers for it. Does the new version of your software listed on the site provide updated drivers? We primarily use the scope in a Labview program. Would it be worth to upgrade to a new version, assuming it provides new instrument drivers? I would guess this would make the scope be more stable and reliable? I'm not sure off hand which version of the software we currently have installed, but it is at least a couple of years old.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 3224 Drivers

Post by Robin »

Hi

Yes, when you download and install PicoScope 6 or download the SDK, you will also get the latest drivers. You probably won't notice any difference, but I would recommend having the latest versions. As you say, these are the most reliable versions.

Robin

MAH2681

Post by MAH2681 »

Thanks Robin, I have downloaded the latest version of the software.

Along the same lines, I have another question, although this may be better suited in the Labview forum.

In our application where use our Picoscope, often times in will run (along with other instruments) several hours, acquiring the data we need. However I have noticed that the instrument (or what is being presented under Labview) freezes up and stops in mid acquisition. Labview is unresponsive. If I unplug the USB cable, this will unfreeze the software right away.

I'm unsure if this is cause by some interaction with the 3224 or some other feature within Labview. After seeing this happen several times now, it would seem to be related the Picoscope, however, it could very well be something else, but the freeze happens during mid-acquisition when using the Picoscope portion of our program.

We are using Labview 7.0 and Windows XP.

I was wondering if there have been reports of similar issues or if a suggestion could be provided.

Thanks again.
Using Labview 7.0

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

That's not something I've heard of before and it's difficult to say what the cause is.

You could try running the unit with PicoLog and see if you experience similar problems. Or you could try running your Labview application with just the PicoScope.

Robin