Pressure transducer 0-100 mV reads 2.5 Volt

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Martin Nielsen

Pressure transducer 0-100 mV reads 2.5 Volt

Post by Martin Nielsen »

Hi Pico
I'm using the Picolog 1216 with the Small Terminal Board. I'm using one transducer with an output signal above 2.5 V and have therefore made the voltage divider connection. This is working perfectly, but when the 0-100mV transducer is connected to one of the other terminals with no additional components as described, it reads 2.47 V and do not change. A multimeter reading shows the output to be under 100mV which suggest the transduser works fine. What am I doing wrong?

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Pressure transducer 0-100 mV reads 2.5 Volt

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
I can only guess that you have somewhere got the earth references wrong. Are you taking all your measurements from the same 0V reference?
PeterF.

Martin Nielsen

Post by Martin Nielsen »

I'm only connecting the 0-100mV transducer now. It still does'nt work disregarding how it's grounded. Either it goes straight to 2.5 V or it does'nt react at all. Any ideas?

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
It is impossible to diagnose the problem without at least a circuit of how you have everything connected plus measurements of the voltages present at all nodes of the circuit (use a DVM). If you can do this, please send to pfrench@picotech.com and I will try to help further.
Regards,
PeterF.