Networking a Picoscope

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Vetroman

Networking a Picoscope

Post by Vetroman »

Other users may find the following usefull :-
I had a problem when trouble shooting a servo system that had a position servo in one location driving a servo amplifier in a distant location.
The servo amplifier had its own speed control loop and interaction between the two loops cause insability a certain speeds.
The problem was that I needed to see the response of the servo amplifier when making adjustments to the position controller.

I solved this by purchasing a BELKIN F5L009uk network usb hub, this when pluged into a network appears to any computer on the network that is running the Belkin software as a USB hub. I then plugged in the Picoscope 2205 to the network hub and connected to it using the Belkin utility, the Picoscope was then enumerated as normal and then by running Picoscope the remote waveform could be monitored !.
This technique could of course be extended so that a remote Picoscope could be controlled over the internet
(Very usefull in the depths of the English winter).
I don't know what are the limitations of this technique but it certainally worked for my applicatition.

Geoff Cross

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Networking a Picoscope

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
Yes, we have tried one of the Belkin units here at Pico and it does work. The limitation is that the transfer speed is restricted so the screen refresh rate is reduced, but it is certainly usable.
PeterF.

Lli65

Post by Lli65 »

I need to connect a Pico 4223 to my desktop computer through wired Gigabit Ethernet. Does a USB to Ethernet adapter/converter like TRENDNet TU2-ETG work?

Any suggestion for a Gigabit Ethernet adapter/converter works for Fedroa 11 Linux?

Thanks.

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

We have only tested the Belkin device. Cannot speak for any other but there is a good chance of it working if it is similar.
PeterF.

maros

Post by maros »

Hi

I tried to locate the Belkin F5L009uk, without luck. Do you have any devices you tested since?

I need to extend my signal 15 meters, but I also want it to be flexible so my thought was:
USB to Ethernet adaptor, use ethernet as a signal because we already have the installation for this in place. The problem I discovered is that with a 30m ethernet cable the Pico6 cant locate the Oscilloscope. I think the reason for this is lack of power for the device.

Do you have any suggestions?

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Because I wanted to to this for a long time I ordered a DS600 from silex.

Startup is a bit tricky because on power on the scope identifies itself as a Cypress WestBridge.
After first startup of picoscope software it changes to picoscope device and you need to reconnect in SX Virtual link software.

Then you probably need to restart picoscope software and it works.
Attachments
2021-11-17_19-59-22.png