USB3 support

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
prospective_user

USB3 support

Post by prospective_user »

Are you planning any models with USB3 interface? I'm looking for something like the 6000 series scopes, but with a faster continuous capture.

Thanks

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: USB3 support

Post by alan »

What sort of streaming rate do you require and how many samples do you need to capture.

The PicoScope 6000 can capture upto 1 billion samples internally at sampling rates upto 5GS/s. I assume you need to collect a block of more than 1 billion samples?

Regards
Alan

Post by Guest »

[quote="alan"]What sort of streaming rate do you require and how many samples do you need to capture.

The PicoScope 6000 can capture upto 1 billion samples internally at sampling rates upto 5GS/s. I assume you need to collect a block of more than 1 billion samples?

Regards
Alan[/quote]

I'm an individual considering a nice USB osciliscope, but am not in a rush to get one. My new motherboard came with USB3 support and if a model will be released in the near future, I may as well wait.

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by alan »

Hi,

Just to clarify we do not have any plans to release an oscilloscope with a USB3.0 interface in the near future.

We have put a lot of time / effort into ensuring that the USB link between the scope and the PC is not a bottleneck. Other than high speed streaming applications where you need to collect more than 1 billion samples moving across to USB 3.0 will not have any significant advantages.

Its slightly off topic, but PCs need to improve in other ways in order to make full use of USB3.0. Conventional and some SSD hard drives can not always keep up. Most PC processors are not fast enough to do any serious number crunching even at USB2.0 speeds.

Alan

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

PC's have improved so the time is right to launch the world's first USB 3.0 Oscilloscope.

http://www.picotech.com/computer-oscilloscope.html

See the banner above for the chance to win a 3207B USB 3.0 Oscilloscope
Martyn
Technical Support Manager