Picoscope won't start after upgrade

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Derek Potter

Picoscope won't start after upgrade

Post by Derek Potter »

Yesterday I had a working setup (200MMX, 64Mb, Win ME, vast HD space) with Picoscope 5.07 running a ADC-200/50. I downloaded the latest version, 5.09, installed it and now the program won't start. It gets to the splash screen but then crashes with a Windows message saying "PSW32 has caused an error in psw32.exe, psw32 will now close". Which, true to its word, it promptly does.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

If you have downloaded the Beta software, there are come known bugs, which sholud be fixed for the next release. Until then I would advise that you download the stabel version 5.09.4.

If you are trying to use the stable version and itis crashing, please do an uninstall and try to reinstall the software again. However, if you have a virus checker on your PC I disable this first. Once installed it can be re-enabled.

Please email with further details of the problem to:

tech@picotech.com

If you are unsuccessful in getting the software to run correctly.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Linners

Post by Linners »

Hi Derek,
I am experiencing a simialr problem with my system. Until recently I have had no problems but when I try to run DrDaq it complains that drDaq32.dll is missing. Searching on the hard drive I find that there are copies in system, system32 as well as the c:/pico directory. I have tried a complete uninstall, manually removing all reference to picoscope and then installing the latest drivers but to no avail. I must admit that i am stumped.

Linners

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Can you tell me which OS you are using, the Picoscope version or Picolog.

Once I have this information I will tryt to repeat it here.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Linners

Post by Linners »

Hi Mark,
I have recently upgraded to XPpro but haven't had this problem before. I have downloaded the latest version of picoscope and picolog and both give me the error of no drdaq32.dll when I run them then picoscope reports that psw32.exe has an error (3times).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Linners

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

When you say you are using the latest versions is this the Beta versions. The stable release are recommended at the moment this is 5.09.4 for Picoscope and Picolog. If this is not ther version you are using, then download it and do a complete uninstall and then reinstall of the stable version. If this is the problem can you let me know the steps taken to cause the error(s).

Thanks
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Linners

Post by Linners »

Mark,
Both picoscope and picolog are the latest stable versions 5.09.4. Picoscope reports the missing dll, the splash screen appears and then the error in the psw32.exe file appears 3 times and eventually the program terminates.

Regards

Linners

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I have looked at this problem on our XP Pro machine, but could not replicate the problem. When you install Picoscope and/or Picolog try this:

Check you have administrative priviledges.
Turn off anti-virus software.
Install software.
Check that drdaq32.dll is in the installation directory.
If there is a .pss (settings) delete this file.
Turn anti-virus software active.
Reboot computer.

Let me know at what stage the process seems to fail.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Linners

Post by Linners »

Mark,
I am not sure exactly what did it but I have cured the problem. I firstly made sure that i had administrator rights.
Next uninstalled Picoscope

Manually deleted pico directory and any pico related dll's or other files
downloaded a fresh copy of the software and installed it

Now it is working! I am not sure what stage it was failing before but it has made me realise how powerful crossing one's fingers really is!

Regards

Linners

P.S. Do you know of a CO2 sensor that is able to be interfaced with DrDaq ?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am glad that you got it to work, and I am sure the finger crossing helped.

Unfortunately, I do not know of any CO2 sensor. However, if you check the rs website www.rsww.com.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer