7 stable release date?

Which product is right for your exact requirements
davidaurora
User
User

7 stable release date?

Post by davidaurora »

Just following up on this as I bought a Picoscope early last year only to find out it was essentially unusable on Mac between bugs in 6 and missing features in 7 beta. I spoke to tech support via email and was told everything would be solved in the stable release coming September/October 2022, but then I found similar claims of already passed deadlines and returned the unit I'd bought thinking once the proper release came I'd consider another look. I kept an eye on the site and it never did. I recently sent a follow up email but got no response so thought I'd ask here.

I'm sure I saw yet another claim that it was coming in January recently but obviously that ship has already sailed now. I still think I'd love to have one of these things in my laptop bag for callouts, the form factor is really tough to beat for that. It also seemed like a no brainer to give one to my assistant to help him learn at home without needing to set up standalone devices. But this release date seems to have dragged out so long now that even if the software was released tonight I'd be second guessing buying one due to the worry that the hardware itself may be obsolete soon.

Any chance of an update? Is the software coming soon? Is the hardware here to stay, or will that likely get a revamp soon too?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 7 stable release date?

Post by Martyn »

The stable release of PicoScope 7 is now available from https://www.picotech.com/downloads
Martyn
Technical Support Manager