getting legacy code to work with Windows 10

Post your MATLAB discussions here
sjeppell

getting legacy code to work with Windows 10

Post by sjeppell »

This question probably already answered but your search engine won't allow a search on Windows 10 due to too many hits so I'm having trouble finding the answer.

I have some legacy code written in Matlab to control a 5244B under Windows 7. The laptop it's on has been upgraded to Windows 10 and now I am having problems getting the code to run. Do you have a check list or video that explains what needs to be done so that the SDK files needed to run the old code can be made to work after the upgrade?

Steve

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: getting legacy code to work with Windows 10

Post by NeilH »

Hi

What exactly is happening when you try to run the code?

We have a youtube video which takes through setting up MATLAB to use with our scopes which may be useful to check against. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpMIRnvylTk&t=26s
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

sjeppell

Post by sjeppell »

I've solved much of my problem. But now I'm getting a problem with setting a simple trigger. The PS5000A_ID_Rapid_Block_Example.m code runs fine. I've copy and pasted the trigger block of text from that example into my code, but I'm still getting the following error

Unable to perform assignment because dot indexing is not supported for variables of this type.

Error in pico_piezo_rapid_beta (line 246)
[status.setSimpleTrigger] = invoke(triggerGroupObj, 'setSimpleTrigger', 0, 500, 2);

That line 246 is right in the middle of the block of code that runs fine with your Rapid_Block sample code.

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by NeilH »

Are you able to post the code as a .mat file or email into support@picotech.com as more context is needed to diagnose why this is erroring.
Neil
Technical Support Engineer