Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
KTH

max sample rate for 2206B is 16ns by ps2000aStreamingExample.py function

Post by KTH »

works fine for values >= 16ns
sampleInterval = ctypes.c_int32(4) --> not work well for values <=16ns

The program raise the follwoing error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\00_Progs\picosdk-python-wrappers-master\ps2000aExamples\ps2000aStreamingExample.py", line 123, in
assert_pico_ok(status["runStreaming"])
File "C:\00_Progs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\picosdk\functions.py", line 160, in assert_pico_ok
raise PicoSDKCtypesError("PicoSDK returned '{}'".format(PICO_STATUS_LOOKUP[status]))
picosdk.errors.PicoSDKCtypesError: PicoSDK returned 'PICO_INVALID_SAMPLE_INTERVAL'

Is that a feature or miss i something? I thought with 500MS/s i could get a sample rate of 4ns for both channels? What could i do to reach this?

Thanks Thomas
-->
I use the PicoScope 2206B and with the PicoScope® 6 (6.14.23.5207) it's possible to grap data by 2ns (500MS/s).
Pico2206B.jpg
But, if I use the "ps2000aStreamingExample.py" all run fine down to a sample rate of 16ns.
For that I changed two lines of code (timbase from US to NS)
sampleUnits = ps.PS2000A_TIME_UNITS['PS2000A_NS']
actualSampleIntervalNs = actualSampleInterval

sampleInterval = ctypes.c_int32(16) --> works fine for values >= 16ns
sampleInterval = ctypes.c_int32(4) --> not work well for values <=16ns

The program raise the follwoing error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\00_Progs\picosdk-python-wrappers-master\ps2000aExamples\ps2000aStreamingExample.py", line 123, in
assert_pico_ok(status["runStreaming"])
File "C:\00_Progs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\picosdk\functions.py", line 160, in assert_pico_ok
raise PicoSDKCtypesError("PicoSDK returned '{}'".format(PICO_STATUS_LOOKUP[status]))
picosdk.errors.PicoSDKCtypesError: PicoSDK returned 'PICO_INVALID_SAMPLE_INTERVAL'

Is that a feature or miss i something? I thought with 500MS/s i could get a sample rate of 4ns for both channels? What could i do to reach this?

Thanks Thomas