Horizontal scrollbar wanted

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
stevenvh

Horizontal scrollbar wanted

Post by stevenvh »

At the moment it seems the only way to move left and right in a zoomed-in window is by dragging the rectangle in the Zoom Overview. This is OK if you've only zoomed a factor of 2 for instance, but with deeper zooms (like x 1000) it's impossible to move just a fraction of the window width. A horizontal scrollbar would solve this.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Horizontal scrollbar wanted

Post by Martyn »

Do you not get a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen, just above the trigger menu bar ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

stevenvh

Post by stevenvh »

Only when I disable the analog sub view.
2015-05-13 18-00-33.png
There's a lot that's missing when you disable the analog sub view: no cursor info window, no timing measurements, the decoders which appear in the analog sub view instead of the digital one, and now no scrollbar with the analog sub view ENabled. I'm beginning to think that the digital sub view was an afterthought, which was never tested properly. Please, fix these things ASAP! I guess I'm not the only one who uses his Picoscope 3000 MSO mainly as logic analyzer.

Like I said before, and I regret it: at this time I'm not recommending Picoscope to my friends and colleagues. There's still too much work to be done on the software. I really hope the upcoming new version will solve many of the open issues.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We are looking at adding the digital channels into the standard view which will address this issue.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

torsj

Post by torsj »

Is there any news on the cursor info window when the analog sub-view is turned off? It would be very useful when I use my Picoscope as a logic analyzer.
This question came up 10 years ago, but nothing has happened yet.

Graham83E

Post by Graham83E »

This would still be useful, has it been added and I have to activate it or similar ?