'Save as' path

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Gilbert
User
User

'Save as' path

Post by Gilbert »

Hello, new user here!
I'm saving a lot of waveforms that I've captured to various folders and most times there will be numerous files in the same folder. When I use 'Save as', PicoScope6 defaults to the same path and location that I'm not currently using. I'm guessing that it defaults to the very first path I ever used to save a waveform and will not change, thus I have to navigate through various folders/paths to get to my current folder. I want to retain the last used 'Save as' path for the folder I am currently working out of and not have to navigate back every time I save a waveform. I don't want a default path either, I want it to behave like other Windows apps and use the last location path saved to, is this possible?
Thanks,
Gilbert

Gilbert
User
User

Re: 'Save as' path

Post by Gilbert »

I did discover an old post and found a 'work around' but it still isn't fully satisfying. I've been saving files with a Matlab format file extension, the comment in the old post mentioned saving files with the '.psdata' format extension in order to change the path, that works. It's still a 'default' though, meaning I have to save a file in a new location with the .psdata extension for it to change the path, and then delete the .psdata file I just created. Most Windows apps will go back to the last saved location regardless of the file format.