Stop and Go buttons with spacebar and active window

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
nurber
Active User
Active User

Stop and Go buttons with spacebar and active window

Post by nurber »

I want a physical key ( e.g. spacebar ) to always toggle Stop and Go when PicoScope is the active window. The current situation is that Picoscope appears to be active, but as spacebar doesn't toggle Stop and Go I guess it isn't active and so I must quickly click on it and then press spacebar. Is there really no way to remedy this ? If these are the limitations of WIndows does this problem exist with Linux ?

Sven

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stop and Go buttons with spacebar and active window

Post by Martyn »

Check Tools->Preferences->Keyboard
Attachments
SpaceBar.PNG
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

nurber
Active User
Active User

Re: Stop and Go buttons with spacebar and active window

Post by nurber »

Martyn, I understand what key is responsible for starting and stopping recording. The problem as stated is that if you interact with menus or anything other than the Picoscope view it becomes active and space bar no longer works until you click on the view to reactivate. Why can't Picoscope app itself handle input events ? Am I missing something here, can others interact with menu elements of Picoscope, etc. and still have working space bar without having to make the view active once again with a click. Additionally, Windows 10 taskbar occasionally will just show up and cover the trigger toolbar.