update to 6.12.9

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
tandersoft

update to 6.12.9

Post by tandersoft »

When I start up PicoScope 6 it says there is an update available: 6.12.9. I am running 6.11.12. But if I click on download it reports and error and suggests I check my internet connection. But all my other apps (email, browser, etc) are running fine, so my internet connection is not the problem. I tried reporting this using Help->Send Feedback but it had the same problem. How to I resolve this?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: update to 6.12.9

Post by Martyn »

Which O/S are you running?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Blackfish
User
User

Post by Blackfish »

I have the identical issue. I am running 6.11.12.1692. I check for updates; it offers 6.12.9. I click Download. Almost immediately it brings up a 'Downloading Update' dialog box that says "Failed".
My OS is Windows 10 Home version 1909, build 18363.592 (fully up to date), running on a Lenovo netbook. I am running Avast antivirus and have tried disabling the shields but PicoScope still fails. My Internet connection is fine (Broadband + WiFi).

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The latest version of the software can be downloaded from our website. The auto downloader does not always work and is affected by security measures within the O/S, virus checkers, or IT department policies.
Martyn

Blackfish
User
User

Post by Blackfish »

Hi Martyn,

As I say, I disabled antivirus (Avast and Windows Defender). My machine is personal - no IT department involved. My account has admin privileges but I haven't played with security policies. Latest Windows 10 updates checked/applied yesterday. 64 bit OS. I can understand issues with legacy OS (Windows XP, 2000, 7, etc.) but surely the product should be able to function in the most up to date Windows environment?

There is also a problem when it searches for updates: It offers 6.12.9 but your website has the much more recent 6.14.10 (dated 11 Nov 2019) as the current stable release for Windows. Why didn't "Check for Updates" find that?

I notice it briefly show "Waiting" before it says "Failed"; don't know if that helps.
I tried running it as Administrator; made no difference.

So, if I can be bothered to download 6.14.10, do I need to uninstall 6.11.12 before trying to install it?

I have to say this is most unsatisfactory. All other apps that I use manage to update without issue (or need to re-install).

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you download 6.14.10 from our website you will get a self installing exe that will install the software over the existing version, this is the same as would happen when using update from within the software.

Our web team are currently looking at the update procedure and servers so this may be causing additional issues.

Please note that when we release new versions they will always appear on the website a few weeks before they are available from within the software.
Martyn

jackdp

Post by jackdp »

My pc os windows 10 pico 4284 not installed iam install 6.14 new version pico is connected for my pc but application open no device connect only demo version found