Measuring dwell time

Post discussions on projects you are working on
BenMeh

Measuring dwell time

Post by BenMeh »

Hello,

I am needing some advice or guidance on how I can measure dwell time. The measurement can be seen in the attached image.

The image attached is a example sample and as this would be used on different machines results can be different but the function will remain the same.

The measurement is from an assembly machine and need to be within specific timing and degrees. As the machine runs a pulse is produced as seen on channel B this indicates the 0 degrees and 360 degrees. Channel A is the mechanical motion and I am interested in the time and phase location where it stands still momentarily indicated by the two rulers.

My plan is to create a program which will automatically sample this section as soon as the 0/360 degree pulse starts, measure the dwell time and the phase location.

If anyone would be able to lead me in the right direction to accomplish this I would love to hear what you have to say.

Regards,
Ben
Attachments
Waveform.PNG

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Measuring dwell time

Post by Martyn »

Creating a custom application to read the data from Channel B to identify the 0/360 degree pulse indication and then doing calculations on the Channel A data to identify the flat section and it's relative position is relatively straightforward once you have collected the data from the scope. To help collect the data from the scope we have numerous examples on our GitHub pages and the team at support@picotech.com will be able to advise on the implementation.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager