Trying to make the SDK work

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
rogersb
User
User

Trying to make the SDK work

Post by rogersb »

Hi,
Ive used Pico scopes in the past, they work great! I was trying to do a project using Arduino to capture data and send to a com port and display and first project found was the PICO sdk. I hope its able to work?

I install but have tried the 4000, 5000 and 6000 but they all fail looking for a dll. Now its System.DllNotFoundException: 'Unable to load DLL 'ps5000a.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E

There is nothing in References, just cannot find how to get started with this. Running in recommended VS2017, its a 64bit system.

How to make this run and does it accept streaming com port data? what format is it? thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to make the SDK work

Post by Martyn »

Which PicoScope model do you currently have attached to the PC ?
Have you downloaded the latest SDK from our website, either 32bit or 64bit ?
Are you using the example code from GitHub ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

rogersb
User
User

Post by rogersb »

No Pico Scope right now, nothing connected. I got to use one at a previous employer. Right now am trying to connect an Arduino UNO and measure from one of the AD input lines and display the results on a Windows app or Form. I loaded the SDK

I copied the PS5000a.dll file into the project directory, but also loaded/ran most of the programs it now seems to say nothing detected and it closes. Can you please suggest how to set the Arduino to use as the source?

Thanks so much

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The Pico SDK, dll's and examples will only work with a PicoScope attached to the PC, they can't be used to communicate with other devices, sorry.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager