PicoScope issues

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Mac software
Jonno

PicoScope issues

Post by Jonno »

I'm running PicoScope 6 on a Macbook Pro with MacOS 10.12
3.3 GHx Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM.

I'd be interested if anyone else is also experiencing any of these issues. I'm aware at least No. 2 has been reported.

1. The computer gets very warm and runs at around 380% cpu. Is this normal? Needless to say, the battery doesn't last long.

2. If the rulers are being used the whole PicoScope 6 display disappears when switching between desktop displays on OSX or bringing any other window to the front. It's necessary to click on the PicoScope icon in the taskbar to bring it back. This is particularly annoying. I see that this issue was reported at least as far back as October 2016.

3. Some popup menus get stuck after making a selection. e.g. the Input Range selection box does not disappear after clicking on a value. This is intermittent and I can't reliably reproduce it. It can be cleared by clicking on the existing set value in the menu bar.

4. The Stop button does not always stop the capture when the trigger is auto. Am I missing something here?

5. On several occasions the whole app has become unresponsive to mouse clicks. The only way I've been able to recover from this is to close and restart PicoScope 6.

6. A second form of unresponsive is where I get the spinning "beach ball". I've waited several minutes but it hasn't resolved itself. I've had to kill the process and completely restart PicoScope 6 from scratch.

7. When dragging the first ruler (vertical or horizontal) into the display it only moves a short distance before getting stuck. It must be released and grabbed a second time then dragged to the desired place. This is only a minor annoyance.

8. The horizontal scale can be changed from time for the whole screen to time per division. How about the same for the vertical? i.e. volts/division option.

granel

Re: PicoScope issues

Post by granel »

2. If the rulers are being used the whole PicoScope 6 display disappears when switching between desktop displays on OSX or bringing any other window to the front. It's necessary to click on the PicoScope icon in the taskbar to bring it back.
==========================
I have this big problem too (((