Saving all channel waveforms after trigger

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Allice

Saving all channel waveforms after trigger

Post by Allice »

Hello,

In my set up I am using all of the 4 channels of the scope.
I am wondering if it is possible to capture and save the waveforms of every the channel when only one of them is triggered.

For example, if channel 1 is triggered, I would like to save the the input on every channel for that moment.

Best regards,
Allice

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving all channel waveforms after trigger

Post by Martyn »

If you use Advanced Triggers -> Logic Trigger and select the "OR" logic trigger you will be able to trigger the scope to capture all four channels of data if one of the trigger events is met. You can then use Tools->Alarms to save the current buffer on the Capture event, and then restart the scope to look for the next event.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Allice

Post by Allice »

Dear Martyn,

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

I am not sure thought about what you mean by "restarting the scope to look for the next event".
I watched the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65_EsTpAEQ where the triggers are saved automatically. Isn't it possible to do the same with this logic trigger?

Also, I would like to ask if it would be possible to save the the channels in a .csv format. For each trigger, would that create a .csv file with 4 sheets, one for each channel?

Best regards,
Allice

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The save on trigger video will work, when specifying the save file name if you change the type to csv you would be able to export the data as a csv file, all the channel data would be on the same sheet though.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager